The BizFed PAC, a project of the Los Angeles County Business Federation (BizFed), today announced its Jobs friendly support of more candidates in this Spring’s elections: 14 candidates running for City Council and the Los Angeles Community College District Board of Trustees. This comes after BizFed PAC announced support for 32 other candidates in 12 cities across Los Angeles County earlier this month.
This is the fifth election cycle in which the BizFed PAC has acted on such a wide-scale, regional basis on behalf of candidates it believes will be dedicated to effecting real change and standing up for good local governance. The PAC has supported dozens of successful candidates in cities across Los Angeles County.
“It is imperative that we elect pro-business candidates at the local level, as they play a key role in growing the economy and bringing new jobs into our communities,” said BizFed PAC Chair Mike Lewis. “We are pleased to support a growing slate of pro-jobs candidates in races throughout Los Angeles County.”
The BizFed PAC announced today its support of these 14 candidates:
• City of Carson: The PAC endorsed challengers Margaret Hernandez and Jawane Hilton for City Council.
• City of Commerce: The BizFed PAC endorsed challenger Sonia Rodriguez for City Council.
• City of Compton: The PAC voted to endorse the candidacy of Kevin Monk for City Council in District 1.
• City of Cudahy: The PAC endorsed the re-election bids of Cristian Markovich and Baru Sanchez, and challenger Christian Hernandez for City Council.
• City of Glendale: The BizFed PAC voted to endorse incumbent Paula Devine and challenger Vartan Gharpetian for City Council.
• City of Long Beach: The PAC voted to endorse Daryl Supernaw for City Council District 4.
• City of Monrovia: The BizFed PAC endorsed challengers Robert Parry and Jordan Kittleson for City Council.
• Board of Trustees:
o Seat 1: endorsed Francesca Vega.
o Seat 3: endorsed Sydney Kamlager.
o Seat 5: endorsed incumbent Scott Svonkin.
o Seat 7: endorsed Mike Fong.