The BizFed PAC, a project of the Los Angeles County Business Federation (BizFed), today announced its jobs-friendly support of 16 candidates in 7 cities for the April 12 election. The PAC has supported over 100 successful pro-business candidates across Los Angeles County that have helped to grow economic vitality within their respective municipalities.
“Each of these pro-jobs candidates has demonstrated the critically-needed experience to be effective, visionary leaders in these crucial LA County positions,” said BizFed PAC Chair Mike Lewis. “We look forward to working with these candidates who will ensure good local governance that propels our region’s economy and fulfills our communities’ needs.”
Continuing focused efforts to help foster a strong regional economy, the BizFed PAC announced today its support of these 8 incumbents and 8 challengers
- City of Arcadia: The PAC endorsed former councilmember Peter Amundson for City Council.
- City of Culver City: The BizFed PAC endorsed challengers Göran Eriksson, Marcus Tiggs, and Scott Wyant for City Council.
- City of El Segundo: The PAC voted to endorse challenger Drew Boyles and incumbent Marie Fellhauer for City Council.
- City of La Puente: The BizFed PAC endorsed incumbents Dan Holloway, Charlie Klinakis and Violeta Lewis for City Council.
- City of Long Beach: The PAC voted to endorse incumbent Dee Andrews for City Council, District 6 and challenger Wesley Turnbow for City Council, District 8.
- City of Walnut: The BizFed PAC endorsed newcomer Betty Tang and incumbents Eric Ching and Nancy Tragarz for City Council.
- City of Whittier: The PAC endorsed Josue Alvarado for City Council, District 1 and incumbent Joe Vinatieri for Mayor.
The BizFed PAC will continue to be proactively engaged in municipal and countywide elections in the future, and will remain committed to electing public officials who will build a Jobs-Friendly LA County.